Relationships: Parenting (Deep Dive)
Deep Dive, Relationship Series, Podcast, Relationships | Mar 13, 2022
This is week seven (out of eight) of our Relationships series. In this series we are looking at the life of Jacob and the way God redemptively used Jacob's relationships to bring about promise and deliverance for his people.
In This Episode:
Ben joins Brad to discuss the chapters of Genesis in Jacob's story that aren't covered in the weekend sermon (chapters 32 -36). In this episode they talk about:
- What is challenging about preaching narrative accounts from the Old Testament?
- Jacob prepares to leave Laban's house to go back to the land of his father.
- Why is land so connected to God's promises of blessing?
- The identity of Jacob's midnight attacker? (Angel of the Lord? God himself? an OT appearance of Jesus?)
- What was Jesus up to before the Incarnation?
Why did God change Jacob's name and why was this significant?
If you have any questions that you'd like to see us tackle in future episodes, shoot us an email at email@example.com and we will make sure to include them!
You can find more resources for this series on our website: calvary.church/relationshipseries.