Relationships: Favoritism & Estrangement (Deep Dive)
Deep Dive, Relationship Series, Podcast, Relationships | Feb 6, 2022
This is the second week in our series called Relationships. In this series we will be looking at the life of Jacob and the way God redemptively used Jacob's relationships to bring about promise and deliverance for his people.
In this episode, Dan and Matt spend time reading through Genesis 27. Jacob is a messy character - one that is often both easy and difficult to relate to. They tackle these questions and more:
- How should we as readers view Jacob in this account?
- Who should we sympathize with in this story?
- How would a Jewish rabbi read this narrative?
- Who is the hero in this story? Who should the hero be?
- What do we do with the polygamous relationships we find in certain OT stories?
If you have any questions that you'd like to see us tackle in future episodes, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure to include them!
You can find more resources for this series on our website: calvary.church/relationshipseries.