As a family:
- Thank God for the blessing of bringing you all together, and ask for opportunities to be a witness to other families for Him.
- Parents, thank God for the miracle and provision of your children, and ask for focus to be good stewards.
- Children, thank God for providing the roles, wisdom, protection, and guidance of your parents.
- Thank God for your parents/grandparents, and their support and guidance of your family in past and current generations.
- Thank God for providing extended family, both biologically and those you consider family through close relationships/mentorships.
- Pray for discernment, growth, and courage for what God has planned for you in the days ahead.
For direction, use the template below either as content or as examples to create your own content.
Read Ephesians 3:14-15
“Heavenly Father, we humble ourselves before you and thank you for creating us in your image and bringing us together. Please give us opportunities to engage with and witness to other families for your glory.”
Read Psalm 127:3-5
“Heavenly Father, thank you for the blessing of our child/children, and how they are reminders of your goodness and grace. We give thanks for their unique characteristics, and trust them ultimately to your care. Give us strength and acuteness as we steward this treasure/these treasures.”
Read Exodus 20:12 & Proverbs 6:20
“Heavenly Father, thank you for divinely placing me in the care of my parents and this family. Help me to honor them and heed their guidance that’s derived from their devotion to you, the love they have for me, and the greater love you have for all of us.”
Read Deuteronomy 6:1-3 & Proverbs 17:6
“Heavenly Father, we thank you for our parents and their influence from childhood through being grandparents to our children now. Please keep them well, and use their loving hearts and intentional efforts to help invest in our kids for your glory.”
“Heavenly Father, we thank you for our grandparents. Please keep them well, and help us to heed their experience and gratefully receive their love and support.”
Read Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 & 1 Timothy 5:1-2
“Heavenly Father, thank you for all of my family, both biological and chosen. Thank you for surrounding me with them for different purposes and experiences. Help me to be aware and grateful for how you’re using them for my good and your glory.”
Read Ephesians 3:16-21
“Heavenly Father, we ask that you would remind us of our grounded love in you. Please strengthen us and use us well to accomplish what only you can do for the sake of your kingdom and glory. Amen.”